(verb = appear, seem, come about, emerge, follow, chance, happen, occur, transpire, turn out , work out)
例 It (so) happened/chanced that they were out.(= They happened/chanced to be out.)
(5) It is v-ed that…=sb/sth is to do
(verb=say, report, think, believe, hope, expect, agree, accept, decide, determine, intend, plan, understand, know)
例 It is said that the couple have gotten divorced.(=The couple are said to have gotten divorced.)
(6) It is v-ed that … (should)…
(verb=demand, request, require, order, suggest, advise, recommend
例 It is suggested that they should begin with the third question.
1. It takes sb. … to do…(=sb takes…to do…)某人用多长时间做某事
例 It took the men a week to mend our roof.(= The men took a week to mend our roof.)
2. It's (just)(un)like sb. to do…(不)像某人做某事的风格
例 It was (just) like him to think of helping us.
3. It's (about/high) time that… should /v-ed…是该做某事的时候了
例 It's(about/high) time that we should take action.
4. It's the x-th time (that) … have v-ed…第几次做某事了
例 It's the third time that he has failed the driving test.
5. It is/has been… since …continuous v-ed(延续性动词) 某动作已有多长时间不发生了
例 It's 10 years that he lived here
6. It was(not)… before…过(不)了多长时间某动作发生了
例 It was not long before they arrived.
上一页                                       下一页